Thursday, July 10, 2014

About, Disclaimer & FAQ

Recently, CenturyMaine was marked as spam by Google's automated spam detection service. I'm grateful for the bots that keep blogger from becoming infected with junk, but it made me realize that I do not have an 'about' or 'disclaimer.'

  • Intent: Content is put here primarily because I find The Cold War, railroads, abandoned things and re purposed sites interesting. This is not my day job. I am not a historian, nor do I claim to be. I didn't study history, I just like what's left behind when the people disappear.
  • Citations: Since this isn't my day job, please understand that I don't mean to rip people off. If your content is here without credit, please let me know. If I have commented on your source and you do not approve of my commentary -- please let me know and I won't link to you.
  • Promotion: I link to this blog on Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter. I do not use adwords. I receive NO revenue from this blog. (See item 1 if this is confusing :p )
I drive around and look at things, and sometimes write about them or photograph them. Other times I just "research" them. My appreciation for this kind of thing comes from growing up in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by mill-towns that had seen better days. 

For the "Powers that Be:"

I'm aware of your disapproval of the nature of information provided by the Bangor Explorers Guild. I like to believe my readers have minds of their own and aren't going to go crawling into places just because they read about them on the internet.

Nevertheless, Century Maine does not provide access information for the sites listed, as aerial photography is already publicly available. I am giving nobody any information that they cannot already access through numerous search engines, nor am I giving people tips on how not to get caught.




2 comments:

  1. great blog, lots of fantastic articles and infomation, keep up the great work. wish I could write as well. Dave from lostinnewenglanddotcom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just now discovering this blog somehow. Would love to contact you, but can't seem to find any means to do so. Local explorer, equally interested in this subject, with a couple years worth of my own findings.

    ReplyDelete